All About Getting A USA Visa

USA VisaA Visa is a form of permit issued by a country that allows foreigners to enter into the subject country. In the case of a USA Visa, the United States issues visas to many of the foreigners who wish to visit the country for various reasons. A citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter into the United States must have an original visa stamp on their passport. A passport is the legal travel document issued by your home country for purposes of travel to other countries.

It is good to note that not all foreigners looking to gain entry into the U.S must obtain a visa. Some foreigners are allowed to enter the country if the meet the requirements of visa-free travel. A U.S Visa is therefore designated for citizens of foreign countries who do not meet the requirements of visa-free travel into the United States.

When in possession of a USA Visa, a foreigner can make their way to a point of entry such as an airport, land or sea border crossing. At these points, a foreigner must identify themselves to the Department of Homeland Security or DHS and the Customs and Border Patrol Unit (CBP) and further seek permission to enter the United States. However, having a U.S Visa does not guarantee or assure a foreigner of entry into the United States. All the permit does is show that a foreigner has received approval for travel into the country from a United States Embassy or Consulate abroad.

Officers of the Department of Homeland Security and the Customs and Border Patrol are responsible for ensuring that unauthorized people do not get into the United States. All travelers seeking admission into the country must corporate with these officers for smooth processing of their travel documents. There are two types that can grant you entry into the United States. The two types of U.S Visas are distinguished by purpose of travel as well as duration of stay. Both visas are defined by the United States constitution and can only be issued by relevant authorities and officials.

Non-Immigrant Visas

These are visas issued to people seeking temporary stay in the United States. Temporary stay can be granted based on numerous reasons such as work, study or vacation.

Immigrant Visas

These are visas granted to people who are looking for permanent stay in the United States.…

Recommended Steps Taking ESTA for Travel to USA

When you are not a citizen of USA and you think of going there, you must have an idea about how hard it is to undergo the entire process and acquiring requirements. But don’t worry, with Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), the process would be real easy. ESTA is an online application system serve as an assessment medium for the travelers before they can board on plane bound for US. This is a requirement for people who live in countries under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) to be able to enter the U.S without the need for visa.

The application process is simple and easy to complete, as it is just a four-step process. Applicants can go through the process anywhere and anytime because the system can be accessed online and there’s no need to go to the U.S. Embassy. The applicant must already have a password upon filling out the form because some information from it will be required. Second, be sure to that your application form is answered completely before submitting it and then next would be paying the $4 which is the processing fee. Once submitted, applicants would usually hear back immediately if they’re approved or not, but there are times when it would take 72 hours before the result of the processing is given. Once the application is approved, another $10 will be added to the processing fee.

If the result is negative, the traveler is still allowed to travel to U.S. using a visitor visa for being rejected from ESTA. This means that the traveler is not granted with the benefit of VWP. Recently, there are amendments on the program that give explanation as to why the ESTA USA won’t be granted. First, people belonging in VWP countries but has dual citizenship with Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria won’t be allowed to enter under the VWP and must get a visitor visa, even if their passport is not under the said countries.

The second change is that people belonging to countries under the VWP but have already traveled to Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria since March 1, 2011 will also be required to obtain a visitor visa. However, there is an exception to those who visited the said countries through active military services. Nonetheless, ESTA USA is still a more convenient way for people to enter U.S. without going through tiring processes of acquiring visitor visa.